When possible, I like to answer the questions that I see in the “search engine results”. Today I see…
1. Shingles ommp
2. Why do I have to put down a helper (for) OMMP
3. Can you get an OMMP card for a broken bone (or insomnia)
4. Can I use Rick Simpson Oil in brownies
From the top!
1. Shingles is yet another condition that Cannabis is useful for. Applying liniment or super-salve to the pustules will most often stop the itching and pain and reduce the swelling. According to Dr Lester Grinspoon, Cannabis possibly kills the herpes virus, so it is likely that applying liniment to pustules will help you get over the attack sooner.
2. The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) requires each patient to show a grower, but a caregiver is not required. My best guess on why you must “have a helper” is so they are able to see who your grower is, or where you are producing your Cannabis.
3. I doubt if a current broken bone will get you a card because once the bone heals the pain should go away. If you have severe pain from a past broken bone, that pain would be a qualifying condition.
Currently, insomnia is not a qualifying condition.
The following conditions are qualifiers: Agitation related to Alzheimer’s disease, Cachexia, Cancer, Glaucoma, AIDS, Nausea, Severe Pain, Seizures, including but not limited to epilepsy, Persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those caused by Multiple Sclerosis.
Keep in mind, a diagnosis of nausea is not required – having nausea due to the medication you take or because of a condition you have qualifies a patient to use Cannabis if the doctor will sign your paperwork.
4. “Rick Simpson Oil” is very concentrated. Yes, you could use it in brownies, but you would want to be cautious about how much you used.