Here we sit in Albany with no safe, legal access to Medical Cannabis unless you grow you own or have a grower. But ask most of your City Council members and the Mayor (elected officials, I might add) and they’ll have you drive to the next town that doesn’t ban Medical Marijuana businesses to get yours.
That’s not right, or acceptable. Gas is nearly $4 a gallon again, and it’s your time and money. We must let the councilors, and our grocers and clothiers, know that if we have to go to the next town over to buy our Cannabis, we’ll be buying our groceries and clothes and shoes and whatnot while we’re over there so we can get it done and get home to medicate. It’s important to let the store owners and managers in Albany know, so they can let the Councilors know what they think of a moratorium as well. And that they vote.
Please remember that nearly 2-1/2 years ago the City of Albany approved Albany’s Canna Kitchen & Research, LLC as a Medical Marijuana Business … so, it’s only right that we be grandfathered to continue as we were, at the very least.
The Councilors would like to hear your opinion on that, and on our location, since we are in an area zoned light-industrial next to a neighborhood. Come see our location, you’ll see we’re not “in a neighborhood!” Please keep in mind, an email to the council is always best because it is written testimony of what you said, and it is a matter of record that you said it, so your have a right to appeal if you don’t like the decision.
The contact information is below. Click on the name and your email provider should open with their address in the to window. If not, perhaps you can copy and paste. Not sure which ward you’re in? Click HERE for the City of Albany ward map.
Please urge them to vote NO.
- Sharon Konopa email@example.com 541-791-0300
- Dick Olsen firstname.lastname@example.org 541-926-7348 *voted no, running for re-election this year Is in favor of us staying.
- Floyd Collins email@example.com 541-928-2961 *voted YES. I think he can be talked into letting us stay.
- Ray Kopczynski firstname.lastname@example.org 541-812-8646 *no. He’s open to letting us stay, I believe.
- Bill Coburn email@example.com 541-928-0649 *YES w/reservation. He’s open to letting us stay.
- Bessie Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org 541-791-2494 YES (and be sure and let Bessie know that you vote, she is up for re-election this year!) Acts like Cannabis is something horrible and hopes it will go away. Does not seem to be in favor of letting us stay, but perhaps those in her ward can sway her.
- Rich Kellum email@example.com 541-791-0158 YES, but might be swayed to let us stay – if I was reading him right near the end.